Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Olivia's Reading Pile

Olivia has been "turned on" by books since we arrived here. She's shown here with the stack she has plowed through in just the last few weeks. She is enjoying something called the Rainbow Magic series by Daisy Meadows, billed as the number one book for girls in the U.K. She reads them like romance novels at the rate of two or three a day. Fortunately, there are 66 with more being written. Mom and Dad buy them (fortunately, they are 3 for 2) because all this reading is proving a definite plus as her reading level is growing by leaps and bounds that all the reading packets in the world weren't getting us. I hope the library at home has this series or we're going to go broke buying books. (But there are worse things.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia that is an amazing pile of books. When do you have time to read? Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Livvy I am impressed. Let me know when you start to read the Nancy Drew books, or ones like that and maybe Nona and Grandpa can get you a few. I liked them and the Hardy boys books. Love Nona cmc

Anonymous said...

hhhmmm.. methinks we're in trouble...that's not a series i'm familiar with... but i can always recommend more series that we DO have... i spend all my free time reading kids' books... life? what life? :)

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for Tammy's post. I have heard of Rainbow Magic, I believe, if it's the one with Fairies? They've been in the Scholastic book orders. I found them on the Powell's Books site also. Not sure if we have them in the CR library, I'll check when I go to school tomorrow. Tristan B. in our class enjoys that series too, if I remember correctly. Deschutes Co. Library has the whole series, I could always get you some from there. We'll track some down for you.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Lisa says that Cousin Lily is reading this series and is on
#16. Apparently they have them at Ochoco Grade School. Keep reading!
Grandma Dorothy