Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Olivia's Journal: Kew Gardens


Today I went to Kew Garden and learned about plants. I learned that a shirt can be made out of pine apple leaves. Half the world eats seeds from rice. Wood from a willow is used to make cricket bats. The plant indigo dyes your jeans blue. Rosary poisonous seeds are used to make jewellery. The wild that used to have many plants sense people keep cutting plants down some plants are ecstinct!!! People cut down rain forests I can give you three good resons not to do that. 1. lots of animals live there. 2. lots of our medicans come from there. 3. lots of tribes live there. people need to start caring about the rainforest!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No cutting down rain forests!!!!! I agree. I want to see how indigo dyes your jeans blue.